Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Madness

This weekend was good and bad.  I got a run in on Friday night, but that was it.  I am a bit disappointed in myself for not getting more in and need to kick myself in high gear.  My back has also been a bit sore.  I did feel like I made good food decisions, and I went to my meeting Saturday morning.  I have two items on the Monday to blog about, a non-scale victory and a change to Weight Watchers.

Non-scale Victory
This is partyly my victory and partly my daughters victory.  I try very hard to teach my daughter healthy eating habbits, while still letting her be a kid.  We do not let her drink soda, rarely does she get candy, and occasionally she gets juice.  We are lucky, she does not like chocolate, chooses broccoli as her side at restaurants, and likes to have a V8 in her school lunch!  Saturday night got a bit crazy, so we ended up with Jack in the Box for dinner, I got her chicken strips as her meal.  On Sunday, we were going grocery shopping, which always means she gets a free cookie at the bakery.  Keep in mind, she if 5.  On the way there we hear "you know dad, I don't think I want a cookie, they are not healthy, so I think I will wait and get a cookie next time".  Talk about a proud moment for a mother!!!  I was so happy I had helped teach her something and healthy eating was something she understood. 

Weight Watchers Changes:
Yesterday Weight Watchers made a drastic change to their program.  You can find an article here: USA Today  I don't have my meeting until Saturday so will not get the official explanation until then.  I have heard fruit is mostly 0 pts! I think I can live with that!  I have also heard some great 1pt foods are more now, so that will definitely be an adjustment.  I am looking forward to learning more about the new program and just might have to sign up for the e-tools again to get the hang of the new points. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thought I would comment and say neat theme, did you make it for yourself? It’s really awesome!