Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Madness

My Monday Madness post today was true madness and craziness.  I felt like I had a great weekend and did a great job!  To start the weekend off I got in a run on Friday night and took Saturday off from running.  I had a great Weigh In on Saturday morning.

The crazy part was Sunday.  I had decided to try to fit in a longer, slower run on the weekends.  My husband had Sunday off, so I planned for a slow, long run on Sunday.  He had a great idea that I run and meet him and our daughter at the grocery store, and run back after grocery shopping.  We planned to shop at Albertson's or Safeway, which are kiddy corner from each other.  We settled on Safeway, and I asked him to give me 25 minutes to get there, just a couple of minutes longer than Albertson's would have been. 

I ran to Safeway, getting there is just over 22 minutes.  I waited for about 10-15 minutes.  I decided to run over to Albertson's and after not seeing our car in the parking lot, I ran back to Safeway.  Still, our car was not there.  Naturally I started getting a little concerned something had gone wrong back at home.  I began my run home.  I was tired and irritated and wanted to walk.  But, I pushed through and ran home.  I get home, and one of our cars is gone.  I had no house key, so I plopped myself on the front step and waited.  My husband drove up about 5 minutes after that.  He had gone to a different Safeway! He figured when I asked for 25 minutes I was running further.  He had started the shopping, not seeing me, and eventually left the cart and started driving around.  We went to a different grocery store and did our shopping.

What a crazy day! But, I felt pretty good after a good run and not giving in to the desire to walk! I ran just under 4 miles in all (probably closer to 4 miles with the runs between the stores!!).  Today, my legs feel good and I feel great!! 

No comments: