Saturday, November 13, 2010

My sister: A success story in the making

After I started attending Weight Watchers and started having some success my sister soon decided to start attending with me.  It was great to have a partner, someone I could talk to about points and bounce things off of.  We would fix meals together every Monday and always make sure they were on plan and fit in our points.  I was so proud of her for taking this step.  She had tried Weight Watchers once before and was now coming back.  She was there the day I got Lifetime! (it snowed, so not many people were at the meeting).  She has been an inspiration to me more than she might realize.  Wanna know why?  She makes me attend the meetings, because I feel I have to be there for her.  I feel she started attending that early on a Saturday because I was there, so I better as heck be there!  Thanks sis!!

Fast forward to today.  After taking a break from Weight Watchers to have a baby she is back!  I love having her there.  And was so excited to hear her walk in the door this morning.  I heard her talking and went to the doorway to wait.  She had done it! She had lost her first 20lbs plus some!  I was so excited for her, gave her five and felt so proud.  For a moment, I didn't care that I had weighed in for November at goal, I just cared that my little sis was on this journey with me and being successful! 

She inspires me and keeps me on my toes! I look forward to the day I am sitting by her side and her name is called at the end of the meeting to receive her Lifetime key.  I know she can do it!  I know she will be an AFTER!!! 

No comments: