Thursday, November 04, 2010

With Life Changes Comes Challenges (Exercise Edition)

In my post yesterday I mentioned the recent change in our schedule and need to find quicker meals.  Well, I also need help with planning some excercise.  I eventually want to start running again and get to where I can run some races.  I would love to one day run the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  But, maybe I will start with the Disneyland Half Marathon or 5K in September 2011.  And maybe a local 5K between now and then. 

My challenge is #1 finding time to run and #2 taking it slow while my back strengthens.  I thought about starting in the water.  I love to jog outdoors, and do not have a gym membership.  I could do water walking at the local City pool.  My husband gets a 24 Hour discount with his new job, but don't know the cost yet.  But when can I fit it in my schedule?  I hate the idea of using child care at a gym when my daughter has already been gone all day.  I struggle with getting myself up in the morning (except for that Saturday 7am WW meeting!).  Ideally I would be able to do something over my lunch break.  However, that is really only possible with a gym membership.

So, I want to know, when do you workout?  What type of workout do you do? I would love some ideas! 

PS - I can't wait to start trying the recipes some of you shared with me on Facebook!!     

No comments: