Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Creamy Salsa Chicken

This is a great slow cooker recipe I found early in my Weight Watchers journey on the WW website.  It is so easy and so yummy. 

1lb Chicken Breasts
1 Jar of Salsa
1 Can of Black Beans
1 block of neufchatel cheese

You put in the chicken breasts while frozen, pour the salsa and black beans on top.  Cook on high for 4 or 5 hours or on low for 9-10 hours.  For the last 30 minutes cut up the cheese and put on top.  After done mix the cheese in and shred the chicken.

We have tried this three different ways.  First few times we just ate it with the spoon out of the bowl.  Once we tried it in wraps, but it was a bit too runny.  Tonight we tried it with tortilla chips and my oh my, it was awesome!!!   Loved it!  My daughter loves it too!  Tonight I doubled the salsa and black beans, so have two containers in the freezer! This is great thawed for lunch!

No comments: