Thursday, November 11, 2010

Run, Run, Run

That is my plan right now! I have decided to start running again.  You might remember I have a back injury I have been babying for about a year now.  I am trying to take the running easy.  This week I started and hope to provide you with an exercise re-cap at the end of each week.  I signed up for Daily Mile to help me keep track and keep myself accountable.  Find me here: http://www.dailymile.com/people/marshalmoore#ref=tophd  if you are on Daily Mile! 

This week I started easy and just did a 1.37 mi run from our house.  It is dark now, so I wanted to stay on the main road.  This limited me a bit in how far I could go.  This is a great route, with a good slow up hill and returning the down hill.  I decided to try the local City gym last night and use the Treadmill.  I was able to wait until my daughter was in bed, so none of that GUILT!  I ran 2.20 miles! It felt good and I probably could have gone more, but I told my husband I would only be 30 minutes!  Today, I have the day off of work, so my daughter and I are joining my mother and grandmother for a walk.  I think the walk will be a good break for my legs, they were a bit sore last night! 

I hope to get to where I can do some 5K raises this spring and summer.  Maybe eventually a 1/2 marathon.  All I kept thinking last night was "how do these people do marathons?"

2 comments:

RobinLK said...

Hello from Orlando!

People do marathons one step at a time. I for one, do half-marathons one step at a time! LOL

Saw your comment on Amanda's MCM race recap, and thought I'd stop by. If you need a little inspiration, swing by the Turtles blog ~ lots of runners at all sizes and shapes, faces and paces. Would love to have you join our 'tribe' and share your story.


Be as committed to 'you' as you are to your family and you will make your way to the 5K starting line! I'm certain of it!! :-)

Moore Family said...

Thank you Robin! I was thinking as I ran the other day "one step at a time"! I did find the Turtles and have enjoyed looking around. Thanks!