Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Homemade Chow Mein with mix of fresh Veggies!

My daughter's school became a community drop-off location for Full Circle Farms.  We get a box every other week and split it with my mom.  I have been trying to make up some fun recipes to ensure we use all the veggies and don't let them go to waste.  Last night I made some sort of Chow Mein, atleast that was my goal!  I must say, it turned out pretty good! 

I used carrots, celery, leeks, bok choy, chicken, and linguini.  Add in some olive oil and soy sauce, and you got yourself a decent dinner for two!  And, I have left overs for lunch tomorrow!  I love playing around with the veggies and finding new things to prepare!  One night we had an interesting red linquine with beets cooked in it (hence the red!).  The spinach has been great in omlettes or a side salad with lunch.  The fruit, we have no problem inhaling!

What is your favorite recipe with fresh veggies? 

No comments: