Thursday, December 30, 2010

Friday Food Find- Mrs. Dash



Today is more of a Friday Flavor Find instead of a food find. As many over-weight people often do, I've been treated for high blood pressure on and off over the years. At the age of 30, that is scary! It seems it runs in the family a little. With my last trip to the grocery store, I decided to get as much low sodium, no salt added stuff as possible. My mom had mentioned once before about Mrs. Dash seasonings. I remembered that from when I was little. Back then there was only one! Now, according to their website, Mrs. Dash has 14 salt free seasoning blends and 6 salt free marinades! So I got a couple to try.


Earlier this week I went way over normal for breakfast points, so had to think light for lunch. I did this Red Pepper Egg-In-A-Whole from skinnytaste.com. I skipped the bread. Then I decided to saute some garlic, onion, mushrooms and halved cherry tomatoes to go with it. I used 1 tsp of olive oil (1 point). When they were just about done, I remembered I had this Tomato Basil Garlic Mrs. Dash in the cupboard! I sprinkled some on, added 1/2 oz of Fat Free Tomato Basil Feta Cheese (0 points) and gave it a quick stir to heat the cheese through. It was delicious!!! With a handful of grapes on the side, it was a wonderful lunch, for only 3 points! I will be trying some of the other salt free seasoning blends from Mrs. Dash for sure! (in fact, we are using the steak seasoning in tonight's sloppy joes recipe, also from the Skinny Taste website!)

~Rebecca

No comments: