Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Biggest Loser and Pound for Pound Challenge

Did you watch the finale last night?  I watched the second half of it.  I usually watch the show off and on during the season and try to watch the finale.  I always get so choked up and usually cry during it.  It is emotional.  While I never weighed what most of the contestants weighed I can related to the journey and the feeling of accomplishment at the end.  I can also related to the fear many of them are probably feelings to keep the weight off.  The pressure that comes with doing it in front of America is probably huge.  I cannot imagine.  I feel enough pressure having done it within a structure like Weight Watchers, I have fellow meetings goes, family, and friends that I would so embarassed if they saw me put on the weight again.

At the beginning of this show I must say I was skeptical of the contestants loosing so much weight so fast.  Since I actually started watching it I have been impressed with the information they provide them and the education they also receive on how to sustain the healthy lifestyle in the "real world".  It is also touching the importance Jillian and Bob put on the emotions behind why the contestants are where they are. 

Last night they announced they are again doing the Pound for Pound Challenge. I would encourage you to check out the link and if you are ready to loose some pounds, why not make a pledge and help feed the hungry and those in need in your area! 

~Marsha

No comments: