Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Resolution

What is your New Years Resolution?  How many times has it been "I will loose weight"???  I think that was mine almost yearly for awhile!  Is that really a realistic resolution?  I don't think so.  I think a Resolution should be more specific, or set numerous small resolutions.  Set a Resolution you know is attainable.  That is one of the things I loved about Weight Watchers, they help you set small goals that are attainable.  Reaching my 10% did not take all that long, and I felt like that was a huge victory.  After that, I knew I could loose the rest! 

So, my health and fitness related resolutions this year are:
  • Continue to run and start doing some races.  I know that is attainable!  To reach that I have set  a goal to trave to Spokane and run Bloomsday in May.
  • Work to include strength training into my work out.  To reach that I have slowly started had a small arm weight workout to my schedule after my runs.
  • Continue to attend WW Meeting more than just once a month.  To raech that I have told my husband it is a must that I get up at 6:15 am on Saturday!
Yes, I have other resolutions that are not health and fitness related.  I would like to lead a more relaxed life.  I would like to have more patience with my daughter.  I would like to read more.  I think some of those are attainable, but I need to figure out how to get there!

What is your New Years Resolution?  How will you reach it? 

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope 2011 brings you peace, joy, and happiness. 

~Marsha

No comments: