Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Food Find--Lunch with a Crunch

Everyone has that food they crave. The one that helped get them to where they are today. Mine is crunchy stuff! I sometimes can get away with carrots for the crunchy fix, but not always. Before the roll out of PointsPlus, I did lots of baked lays. For only 2 points for 1 oz, I couldn't beat that. I would eat them as a snack or with my lunch. With PointsPlus, they are 3 points. One point more isn't bad, but I just didn't feel like I got enough "crunch" to make that 1 point worth it. So, I went on the search to find something with lots of flavor and quantity for the points! Here is what I found.

These are Genisoy Soy Crisps. I have tried the Creamy Ranch, and the Cheddar flavors. You get 17 of them for 3 points! For snack, you could pair them with a "free" fruit or some veggies. They are great for snacking in the car too, just remember to count out your 17 crisps and leave the rest at home!

This week I had them with a wrap, apple and milk for a lunch of just 10 points. (only 7 without the milk)

I have been trying to come up with some lunch alternatives since the "sandwich thins" that used to be 1 point are now 3! I found that I can do most things in a wrap form, and save 1 point. I use the LaFactoria high fiber, low carb tortilla's. They don't have the most flavor, but I almost always use hummus on my wraps so the lack of flavor in the tortilla isn't a huge issue.

The wrap pictured is 4 points.

  • LaFactoria tortilla-2 points
  • 2 Tbsp of Tribe All Natural Hummus- 1 point
  • 1 serving (six slices) Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Mesquite Turkey Breast- 1 point
  • 2 Tbsp shredded Fat Free cheddar cheese- 0 points
  • sliced orange and yellow sweet bell peppers- 0 points
The milk is 3 points. On the old points plan, 1% was the same point value as non-fat. Now, the 1% is 3 points and the non-fat is still 2 points. I guess it's time to switch so I can save another point!

~Rebecca

No comments: