Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monthly Birthday Celebration

Today is the dreaded monthly birthday celebration I am sure every office has in some form or another.  Our celebration happens once a month to celebrate the birthdays in that month.  We rotate who brings the treats.  We have had some awesome treats!! I love tasting all the awesome treats!  Today I am one of the lucky suppliers of the treats!  I planned to plan and bake something last night, but that did not happen, life got in the way!  I will go at my lunch break to find some delicious at the grocery store, of course keeping in mind what might be a bit healthier and more point friendly. 

I am sure there are some people out there on diets that lock their office door and hide during the dreaded birthday celebrations.  And yes, I have done that before.  When I first started Weight Watchers I would go get coffee during that time, or shut my door and pretent I was working too hard.  All that, just to avoid the awesome treats!  As time went on I decided to just give in and allow myself to enjoy the treat and the social time.  Most times (not always, I am not perfect!) I will plan my breakfast and lunch around the event.  I will also make sure I stay away from the candy dishes that day! 

Today, I have a light lunch, left overs of Chicken Taco Chili, and had a Starbucks Spinach and Feta wrap for breakfast.  I have had no snacks and plan to drink lots of water and stay away from the candy dishes!  I am ready and prepared and cannot wait to have a taste of those awesome treats!! 

{On a side note, I wanted to say I did go back and journal for the weekend, and I got a good walk in last night!!!}

2 comments:

Moore Family said...

To keep myself honest I had to come back and say I bought cupcakes and I ate german chocolate cake! I feel great and hope to do some kind of activity tonight!

Jeanine said...

it sure is tricky! I usually go, because its a nice excuse to get away from my desk (since sitting all day is horrible for the body) and to socialize with my coworkers (we are currently on 4 different floors, so some people I very rarely see!!).