Friday, October 29, 2010

Motivation

I looked up the definition of "motivation" and the one I liked the best was, "a feeling of enthusiasm, interest, or commitment that makes somebody want to do something, or something that causes such a feeling."

That is how I finally felt when I found Weight Watchers, I had an interest in being healthy and a commitment to my daughter to be healthy for her.  In high school and college I did sports and was fairly active.  After college I slowly started putting on weight.  After I had my daughter I lost weight pretty quickly right away, but slowly started gaining weight again and just before her first birthday I reached my heaviest, 196lbs.  I could not believe it.  At that point I decided I had to do something.  I had dealt with gestational diabetes, so I knew that put me at a higher risk for Type II if I did not take care of myself.  I slowly started trying to loose weight myself.  I got a trainer for a couple of months, I tried the Self Diet Club, and I tried just changing my eating habits.  I slowly started loosing weight.  I had lost about 20lbs.

We moved from Spokane to the Seattle area and the first commitment I made to myself was to get healthy and I joined Weight Watchers.  I love food and I wanted something that allowed me to enjoy food.  I was beyond motivated at this point.  I was committed.

This is not a diet, it is truly a change in lifestyle.  It slowly started becoming second nature to eat less and choose healthier.  When I thought I had a rough week, I would sometimes loose, showing me I did pretty darn good!

Now, I look back at what I just typed and I am full of pride.  I am still committed and motivated and know I can do it.  I have done it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

good for you! What a great motivation... I love reading about your journey and how things are going.

Jeanine said...

woooo great post!