Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Madness

I thought I would start a couple of themed posts.  Monday Madness just sounded good!  I might have done this backwards, but I thought of the blog title first, and came up with the content of the blog second. 

Monday Madness blog posts will include the madness that is Monday in my life of weight maintenance.  Today I will tell you what the madness is all about for me on a Monday and next week I will do my first post. 

When I started Weight Watchers in June 2007 I decided to weigh in and attend a meeting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday. Yes, I am crazy!  The reason was because my evenings were busy with my family and attending a meeting that early on a Saturday meant my daughter was likely still asleep and I would not miss time with her. 

Over the years that weigh in came to mean I had my weekend to splurge.  I would always wait for Saturday night to do the pizza, etc.; never on Friday night!  And I would enjoy Sunday and eat extra points.  I think I use most of my extra 35 points on the weekend.  Which brings me to Monday, and the madness around playing catch up and trying to live within my points for the rest of the week. 

I have never tried to change this because, hey, I lost the weight, right? So it must be okay.  But, now my life is different and there is less time for gourmet weekday meals and less money to buy the more expensive foods that tend to have fewer points.  While I still plan to splurge a bit on the weekends, because that is what weekends are for, I am setting a goal for myself to hold my self responsible for the points I spend on the weekend.  I will make an extra effort to journal on the weekends and hopefully cut down on the splurging just a bit. 

In future editions of "Monday Madness" I hope to be sharing how I tried to not have the crunch feeling on Monday or the shock at the scale on Monday! I do not want to spend all weekend gaining what I spent all week keeping off or loosing and end up in a vicious cycle. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! That is so great! I am proud of you!!!!

Moore Family said...

Thank you Heidi!