Thursday, March 27, 2008

Challenges of Maintenance

Wow, this is when all you have learned really tests you. I have struggled a little and at some points think I don't need to worry about my points anymore. Then I kick myself in the butt and remind myself why I am doing this.

At first I wanted to still loose, so went down a point as the point quiz online suggested. So, I was to 19 points. Then after much consideration and reading some other stories of maintenance I decided I needed to really use these six weeks to learn to maintain my new weight. Then, maybe in a few months I can loose more if I want.

I have also started exercising again since getting sick. I have been jogging, and I must say, I love it! It is sure easier to jog when you aren't lugging around 60 extra lbs! I hope to continue to improve my exercise routine and tone my new body. I think my desire to loose more is some of the fat pockets I still have, but I think the exercise could fix that.

So, I am now allowed 23 points. That has added a new challenge in my head. I feel like that is a lot and I am worried about eating enough. I need to plan a little more, to ensure I am eating good, while also getting my points, and not adding 'bad' points!

No comments: